Feb Official SMD - postponed

Club announcement on events and gatherings. You may also suggest here any events you want the Club to organise

Moderators: benny, charles, littleghost, dollarmen, hkz4, omak, teamtung, sbpang, E36328

Feb Official SMD - postponed

Postby sbpang » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Dear Members

Official Feb SMD is scheduled for this Sunday but since none of the committee members want to run a marathon or die whilst trying, it didn't occur to us until recently that the Standard Chartered Marathon will be held on the same day.

We have consulted the Transport Department website and there will be many road closures (see this link if interested) to accommodate a record-high number of participants this year. We also anticipate traffic, including our favourite buses, spilling over to unaffected routes as a result.

To avoid spoiling our fun, we have come to the decision to postpone the official SMD to next Sunday. Further details will be posted early next week. In the meantime, for the marathon runners amongst members, we wish you all the best and every success. For the rest of us, we shall take liberty to sleep in a few hours extra.

Yours truly,
BMWOCHK Committee
Dream Car: 3.0CSL "Batmobile"
Favorite Quote: "The driver behind me is sitting so low that I cannot even see him!"
I'm crazy with BMW

Return to BMWOCHK Events and Gathering Announcement