OFFICIAL - > BMW 1M out !!!!!!!!!!!!

Come here for anything about BMW Cars

Moderators: benny, charles, dollarmen, hkz4, omak, teamtung, sbpang, E36328

Re: OFFICIAL - > 1 Series ///M Coupe is OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby teamtung » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:05 pm

Agree !
And great that BMW didn't price themselves out of the market, that's an improvement !
BTW, the left over 2010 E92 M3 from BMW seems like a decent bargain now.

TANK wrote:Hear ya ... but I think we need to steel ourselves for the inevitable. Emission regulations are the main problem. I'm not sure the old block meets the new requirements. Porsche is also heading down the road of smaller cc engines with turbo-charging/supercharging applications for the general models. They are even exploring 4 cylinder engines again. So this problem is happening industry wide. Irritates purists for sure but I've made my peace with it (yes, I wasn't that happy it wasn't a clear cut 'M' engine).

My decision boiled down to this - Do I want to miss out on owning what I think (and so far what most respected journos think) is a nice car just because I don't agree 100% with the current ethos.
teamtung
I almost sleep with this board

Postby ny911 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:29 pm

teamtung wrote:Agree !
And great that BMW didn't price themselves out of the market, that's an improvement !

TANK wrote:Hear ya ... but I think we need to steel ourselves for the inevitable. Emission regulations are the main problem. I'm not sure the old block meets the new requirements. Porsche is also heading down the road of smaller cc engines with turbo-charging/supercharging applications for the general models. They are even exploring 4 cylinder engines again. So this problem is happening industry wide. Irritates purists for sure but I've made my peace with it (yes, I wasn't that happy it wasn't a clear cut 'M' engine).

My decision boiled down to this - Do I want to miss out on owning what I think (and so far what most respected journos think) is a nice car just because I don't agree 100% with the current ethos.

How much discount did your sales tell? I heard they are still not selling well, might have more discounts offered later.
ny911

Re: OFFICIAL - > BMW 1M out !!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby TANK » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Btw, BMW HK is still accepting deposits from interested parties BUT the caveat is its dependent on them being able to get more quota i.e. no guarantee of delivery for 2011. Personally, I think there is a decent chance as Singapore got 20 quota for the 1M. Don't think HK can be far behind.
Last edited by TANK on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
TANK

Postby teamtung » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:30 pm

what color did you ordered, TANK ?
teamtung

Postby digi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:38 pm

how muchie for left over 2010 E92 Mtree?
ImageImageImage
digi
I'm crazy with BMW

Postby ny911 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:35 am

digi wrote:

From what I counted at one of the warehouses, there are 8 E92, should be all in M-DCT, M-Drive and EDC.
ny911

Postby digi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:53 am

seems like quite a few left. hehehe.
ImageImageImage
digi
I'm crazy with BMW

Postby TANK » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:53 am

teamtung wrote:what color did you ordered, TANK ?

White. I'm the 3rd white I know about. Not brave enough for Valencia Orange.
TANK

Postby teamtung » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:52 pm

1.05M with color to choose.
have a feeling that more discount could be available if you are serious.

digi wrote:

teamtung

Postby teamtung » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:53 pm

TANK wrote:
teamtung wrote:what color did you ordered, TANK ?

White. I'm the 3rd white I know about. Not brave enough for Valencia Orange.

haha maybe there will be quota specific for valencia orange !
teamtung

Postby digi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:52 pm

thx u!! :D
ImageImageImage
digi
I'm crazy with BMW

Postby charles » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:50 pm

The M3 may seem like a bargain but it's also getting boring ...... especially when C63 Coupe is coming out end of the year.
charles
I'm crazy with BMW

Previous

Return to General BMW Car Discussion