Bridgestone RE01R - So crap

Come here for anything about BMW Cars

Moderators: benny, charles, dollarmen, hkz4, omak, teamtung, sbpang, E36328

Re: Bridgestone RE01R - So crap

Postby pinguhk » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:52 pm

dickers wrote:
jj100d wrote:Well guys, for high power cars, dont have many choices for the tyres... the best we can do is to keep changing new tyres very 7-8 months or after 6-7000km. FYI, my friend's new s600 already replaced all tyres 2 times within a year...

Does that mean I should change a new set of tires every oil change?
That's costly man.

lol
2009 LCI 525i 3xUltra Racing Strut bars, Tower Bar,Roof spoilers, Boot spoilers, SB V2, Arqray exhaust, K&N air filter, Pulstar spark plugs and F16 Pulse King, 19" Breyton GTS with RE11, CF B Pilla, LED door lights, LED number plate lights, White Angle light, Inside LED lights, Black Shadowline, Smoked front, side & tail lights, 3M Door protector, 3M Crystalline Solar Film, M-tech steering wheel, M-tech foot pedals. To be installed (For brakes Steel lines, Hawk pads, R1 disk).
pinguhk
I almost sleep with this board

Postby jj100d » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:51 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3jVhsI26O4

3:05: "...This car is as light as a buttercup... but under here, you'll find- the heart of a medieval- manx dog... you even look at that engine- it'll kill you... they've managed to squeeze 355BHP from a 3.2(L)... it's unbelievable. And to show you how serious BMW are with this car, look at these tires... they're like racing slicks! You have to sign a disclaimer before you buy a CSL- saying that you understand the tires wont work in the rain- or if its a bit chilly --- What a car!" -TopGear :wink:
///三點玲
jj100d

Postby hkz4 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:03 am

Wow! Great job, thanks!

Do you transcribe for a living?
hkz4
I'm crazy with BMW

Postby dickers » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:18 am

hkz4 wrote:Wow! Great job, thanks!

Do you transcribe for a living?

:lol:
High Revvingly Yours
dickers

Postby dickers » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:19 am

jj100d wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3jVhsI26O4

3:05: "...This car is as light as a buttercup... but under here, you'll find- the heart of a medieval- manx dog... you even look at that engine- it'll kill you... they've managed to squeeze 355BHP from a 3.2(L)... it's unbelievable. And to show you how serious BMW are with this car, look at these tires... they're like racing slicks! You have to sign a disclaimer before you buy a CSL- saying that you understand the tires wont work in the rain- or if its a bit chilly --- What a car!" -TopGear :wink:

What does this mean in English?
High Revvingly Yours
dickers

Postby beat » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:22 am

Which means what? You have yet to answer any of the questions regarding power limits of each tire, what kind of tire handles what kind of power, how powerful cars with the mentioned tires dont explode as pictured.
Or the reason for the cracked RE01R is now due to weight and not power?
Play only when you can afford to lose.
The truth aint for the weak.
beat
Bimmer Super Fans

Postby babe chris » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:31 pm

oh digi gor, it means you gaining weights, not a little but a lot :!:
E36 M3 3.0 Dakar coupe & E46 M3 Imola cabrio ( manuals ) - all gone
Currently E36 M3 3.0 sedan & E46 330 touring
babe chris
I'm crazy with BMW

Postby digi » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:55 pm

babe chris wrote:oh digi gor, it means you gaining weights, not a little but a lot :!:

kakaka :lol:
ImageImageImage
digi
I'm crazy with BMW

Postby jj100d » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:01 pm

beat wrote:

Which means what? You have yet to answer any of the questions regarding power limits of each tire, what kind of tire handles what kind of power, how powerful cars with the mentioned tires dont explode as pictured.

haha bro,There is a very simple relationship between acceleration, mass and Force: F=m*a. For cars, the force that causes the car to accelerate and decelerate (braking!) is generated by the tyres and the ground. There is a torque at the wheels that causes the wheels to rotate. The friction between the tire and the ground converts this torque into a force. For a CSL, we rewrite the relationship given above to be a = F/m, which implies that the acceleration improved due to the Force increased and the mass (weight) decreased. Acceleration increased means more heat between the tire and the ground produced. Since the weight is reduced, the direct pressure on the tread also reduced, but where the rest of tyre pressure goes to? The sidewall! So after certain mileages, let say 8000km, the tread maybe still look “new”, but the inner sidewall could be broken already... i'm sure many people not aware of this could happen until the outer sidewall falling apart...
///三點玲
jj100d

Postby E36328 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:03 pm

jj100d wrote:
beat wrote:

haha bro,There is a very simple relationship between acceleration, mass and Force: F=m*a. For cars, the force that causes the car to accelerate and decelerate (braking!) is generated by the tyres and the ground. There is a torque at the wheels that causes the wheels to rotate. The friction between the tire and the ground converts this torque into a force. For a CSL, we rewrite the relationship given above to be a = F/m, which implies that the acceleration improved due to the Force increased and the mass (weight) decreased. Acceleration increased means more heat between the tire and the ground produced. Since the weight is reduced, the direct pressure on the tread also reduced, but where the rest of tyre pressure goes to? The sidewall! So after certain mileages, let say 8000km, the tread maybe still look “new”, but the inner sidewall could be broken already... i'm sure many people not aware of this could happen until the outer sidewall falling apart...

no need to take "beat" so seriously, maybe he was having PMS :P :lol:
E36328
I'm crazy with BMW

Postby E36328 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:06 pm

pinguhk wrote:
jj100d wrote:Well guys, for high power cars, dont have many choices for the tyres... the best we can do is to keep changing new tyres very 7-8 months or after 6-7000km. FYI, my friend's new s600 already replaced all tyres 2 times within a year...

there is no need to change 2 time a year if you driving normal and only doing about 12000km a year.
all tyre will last well over 20000km unless you drive over 150km all the time.

f__K, my ZungFu SA told me that my tires inner wall starting to crack and I should change them soon. I'm like .... my car isn't even 2 years old and less than 24,000km driven. And I don't drive over 150kmh. But he said that ZF won't entertain claims for serious tire wear

WTF :x
E36328
I'm crazy with BMW

Postby digi » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:34 pm

maybe the tire manufacturers are tired of ppl like us who run tires until the tread is very very thin. To improve sales maybe the sales/marketing dept together with R&D decide to make rapidly decomposing tires :lol: :lol: :lol: When the side walls are gone, no matter how much tread u hv left, u are screwed. :evil: :twisted: :lol:

The guys that cooked this up maybe got year end bonuses in the millions for improving topline numbers globally. :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage
digi
I'm crazy with BMW

Postby digi » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:34 pm

jj100d wrote:
beat wrote:

u work for NASA :lol:
ImageImageImage
digi
I'm crazy with BMW

Postby pinguhk » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:04 am

jj100d wrote:
beat wrote:

I agree this is why when you have a puncture on the side wall, it can not be fixed and better not to be fixed too
2009 LCI 525i 3xUltra Racing Strut bars, Tower Bar,Roof spoilers, Boot spoilers, SB V2, Arqray exhaust, K&N air filter, Pulstar spark plugs and F16 Pulse King, 19" Breyton GTS with RE11, CF B Pilla, LED door lights, LED number plate lights, White Angle light, Inside LED lights, Black Shadowline, Smoked front, side & tail lights, 3M Door protector, 3M Crystalline Solar Film, M-tech steering wheel, M-tech foot pedals. To be installed (For brakes Steel lines, Hawk pads, R1 disk).
pinguhk

Postby pinguhk » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:05 am

E36328 wrote:
pinguhk wrote:

there is no need to change 2 time a year if you driving normal and only doing about 12000km a year.
all tyre will last well over 20000km unless you drive over 150km all the time.

f__K, my ZungFu SA told me that my tires inner wall starting to crack and I should change them soon. I'm like .... my car isn't even 2 years old and less than 24,000km driven. And I don't drive over 150kmh. But he said that ZF won't entertain claims for serious tire wear

WTF :x

what make are they?
pinguhk

PreviousNext

Return to General BMW Car Discussion